Hi darlings ♥,
Today I’m sharing my list of things to boss up your life. These are a few mandatory things you should be doing, but of course not all inclusive. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. I’m sure you will find may “quotables” scattered around.
1. Take care of your credit score. There are several sites where you can monitor your score. I personally use Experian (Paid). However, I do have a recommendation from a friend that uses KreditKarma (free). Below is a scale for credit scoring. However different lenders may use a different scale. This is just an example.
- Excellent Credit: 750+
- Good Credit: 700-749
- Fair Credit: 650-699
- Poor Credit: 600-649
- Bad Credit: below 600
According to my company, my credit score is good. Practice what you preach.
2. Pay off (or start paying) debts. Don’t be in debt your whole life. I know everyone hates to pay Sallie Mae back, but you have to start at one point or another. The sooner, the better.
TIP:Use the debt snowball effect -pay the smallest debt first to keep motivation high. Cut back on unnecessary expenses and fall off until you need to. Trust me, people may think you’re crazy—-but it’s not about what they think. Get your life together. Your real friends will be there waiting to celebrate with you!
TIP 2: I personally use mint.com to track finances and stay on top of my goals. If you enter your credit card information & set a goal to pay off debt they will show you when the expected pay off date is and in which order and amount to pay your cards.
3. Invest in insurance. Life, travel, car. Be responsible.
4. Travel. – “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” <– I can fully attest to that quote. Believe me.
5. Learn what makes you happy/ What do you like to do? – My personal likes are being near a beach, exploring nature (think hikes, river walks), shopping, getting pampered and relaxing with my loved ones. What are yours?
6. Get active. This can be gym, yoga, running, dance class. Don’t just sit at home all day. 10 or 15 minutes is better than nothing. Remember that. Be social as well.
7. Learn to make at least 3 amazing go to meals that can impress (you) company. Food is definitely a way to bond. & who doesn’t A.) Love a person who can cook B.) Love to eat great home cooked food. No brainer. Duh.
8. Decorate your home. Your home is your place of refuge. You should smile when you arrive at your door. Make an effort and investment on what you really want. It may not all come together in one month or two, but set a goal and make an effort to meet it.
9. Find your personal style. Dress for your body type and pick clothes that make you feel good. Don’t just buy something because you see everyone wearing it -think Instagram boutiques. Be a trendsetter. Never a follower.
Stay ahead of the game my people.
10.Purge. Your life. This means everything from that old nail polish to people who suck your happiness out of you. Why hold on when it brings no value? Food for thought.
What would you add to this list? Let me know in the comment section below!