Spring is here and so is spring cleaning time. Here are my six tips to make your home tidy!
- Have a plan. What are you needing to clean? Junk drawer, spare room, closet space, overall deep clean? Make a plan of action so you won’t feel overwhelmed.
- Set a timer. I would suggest 30 minute intervals of cleaning one specific space so you don’t get too overwhelmed.
- Have food prepared. When I get into the cleaning zone I sometimes realize it’s hours later and time to eat. You don’t want to pull out all the pots and pans & create dishes in the midst of cleaning. You also don’t want to be “hangry”. Have something simple already cooked, or even order takeout.
- Have supplies ready. Try using a bucket with cleaning supplies stocked and ready. Also have the trash can near. You don’t want to waste time walking back and forth for supplies.
- Be realistic. If you try to tackle too much in one day you will get burnt out easier.
- Don’t halfway clean. If you clean the bedroom but leave the trash bag full it’s not exactly clean, now is it? Especially apply this to any big throw away and give away items. Put them where they need to go on that day (car, curbside, with a friend, wherever) or else you may never get around to it.
Do you have any tips for getting a good spring clean? Let me know below!